Monday, February 9, 2009

Spring is faking us out

090209

I KNOW it's not going to last, but the last 3 days we've had temperatures starting in the 30s and going up. We hit something in the low 50s today and there is talk of 60s tomorrow. IT'S GREAT!!!!! I did have a moment of realization this morning that I'm sure I'll still shovel a few hundred pounds of snow before we're done this winter, but I'll take this now.

I rode about 20 miles on Saturday, none on Sunday (played indoor soccer though!), and about 20 more miles today (Monday). I'm going to try and get at least 20 miles per day in for as long as this lasts. I'm back on my Paramount and it's so fun to zip around at 18-22mph. I can pass cars in afternoon traffic for a good part of my ride. Wheeee!

On a random note, check out this craigslist gem from a week or so ago!



It's a Schwinn Paramount Tandem!!! There's something you don't see every day! It's all Campy Record too!
Here's a link to the full ad. It might still be available!


In other upcoming news, I'm going to try and take a trip to the Northbrook Velodrome sometime soon. It's on my radar now. Stay tuned.



No comments: