Saturday, July 26, 2008

some blog

080717

Here is a neat blog at nytimes.com that I'm just getting into. It's written by Rob Mackey, my friend's sister's 41-year old journalist husband and is about his self-proclaimed early mid-life crisis endeavor to ride this mountainous leg of the Tour de France. I guess before the tour proper, there is an "amateur hour" (so to speak) for non-professionals to try their hands (feet?) at this soul-crushing leg of extreme mountain riding.

I'm not so up on modern road-biking and it's accoutrements, but it's interesting (though well out of my price range) and as an almost 40-year old, I'm inspired by his stamina. I have a somewhat bum right knee which probably isn't going to get any better, but I hope I still have quite a few good years of riding in me.

The Climb

No comments: